For someone who’s in need, usually one can perform a special prayer which called “Salotul Hajat” or prayer of need. This prayer is performed if we wanted to accomplish certain need by asking ALLAH SWT directly. To perform this prayer is quite easy, whereby many scholars have written about this prayer in their books.
In the hadith mentioned
“Whoever wishes anything from Allah, let him/her make ablution properly first, and do two units of prayers afterwards. Then call Allah’s benediction to the Prophet, and finally say the following prayer: “There is no god but Allah, the Clement, and the Gentle. Praise be to Allah, the Master of the heavens. And praise be to Allah, the Lord of the universe.
He who makes wudu, and does it properly, then prays two rak`ats, Allah will grant him whatever he may pray for, sooner or later”. (Ahmad)
Here are the steps that one can do to perform Solatul Hajat
- Make an ablution (wudhu).
- Perform a calm prayer 2 rakaat by having full concentration.
- One can read surah Fatihah in first rakaat and followed by any surah after surah Fatihah.
- After prayer have been completed, it is recommended to recite tasbih and salutation upon Prophet Muhammad SAW as much as possible.
- Lastly, one can raise their hand to ask and begging ALLAH to fulfil their need or solve any problem/difficulty that they are facing.
In conclusion, Solatul Hajat is mostly like other prayer but it is a special way or behaviour that one can display when asking ALLAH, the Greatest. One also must not forget when doing Solatul Hajat, we need to bring the feel of humbleness and weakness in front of ALLAH together with hope that ALLAH SWT will grant the solution to our need and difficulty.